Dan Wallace just reviewed the updated NIV in four parts:
- Part 1: A Selected History of the English Bible
- Part 2: Praise for the NIV 2011
- Part 3: Weaknesses in the NIV 2011
- Part 4: Conclusion
Wallace is professor of New Testament studies at Dallas Theological Seminary. He’s the author of the popular second-year textbook Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament and senior New Testament editor of the NET Bible.
- Rod Decker Reviews the Updated NIV
- The Best All-Around Book on Bible Translation
- Reproduce the Meaning
- Translation and the Doctrine of Inspiration
- Thank God for Good Bible Translators and Translations
- The Importance of Dignified Translations
- Correcting Bible Translations Can Seem Like This at Times
- The Problem of Religious Conservatism
- How Not to Argue about Which Bible Translation Is Best
Update on 3/31/2017: In my latest attempt to explain how to interpret and apply the Bible, I include a chapter on Bible translation (pp. 50–81).