Is it sometimes wrong? Yes.
Is it always wrong? No.
Here are some helpful recent resources (best overall = Grisanti):
- Alcorn, Randy. Does the Birth Control Pill Cause Abortions? 10th ed. Sandy, OR: Eternal Perspective Ministries, 2011.
- Burk, Denny. “Glorify God with Your Family Planning.” Ch. 5 (pp. 139–55) in What Is the Meaning of Sex? Wheaton: Crossway, 2013.
- Davis, John Jefferson. “Contraception.” Pages 27–67, 291–97 in Evangelical Ethics: Issues Facing the Church Today. 3rd ed. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2004.
- Driscoll, Mark. “Question 9: Birth Control.” Pages 15–43, 263–66 in Religion Saves: And Nine Other Misconceptions. Re:Lit. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2009.
- Feinberg, John S., and Paul D. Feinberg. “Introduction to the Ethics of Human Sexuality: Sex and Birth Control.” Ch. 6 (pp. 267–306, 767–71) in Ethics for a Brave New World. 2nd ed. Wheaton: Crossway, 2010.
- Frame, John M. “Birth Control” and “Means of Birth Control.” Pages 782–87 in The Doctrine of the Christian Life. A Theology of Lordship. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2008. Cf. Doug Moo’s review of this book.
- Geisler, Norman L. “Birth Control.” Appendix 4 (pp. 396–405) in Christian Ethics: Contemporary Issues and Options. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2010.
- Grisanti, Michael A. “Birth Control and the Christian: Recent Discussion and Basic Suggestions.” The Master’s Seminary Journal 23 (2012): 85–112. Grisanti is an OT scholar with 8 children.
- Hollinger, Dennis P. “The Ethics of Contraception: A Theological Assessment.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 56 (2013): 683–96.
- Köstenberger, Andreas J., with David W. Jones. “Contraception.” Pages 121–29, 336–38 in God, Marriage, and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation. 2nd ed. Wheaton: Crossway, 2010.
- Mohler, R. Albert, Jr. “Can Christians Use Birth Control?” AlbertMohler.com, May 8, 2006.
- Perman, Matt. “Does the Bible Permit Birth Control?” Desiring God, January 23, 2006.
- Piper, John. “Should Christians Use the Pill?” Ask Pastor John. December 5, 2013.
- Rae, Scott B. “Birth Control.” Pages 286–89 in Moral Choices: An Introduction to Ethics. 3rd ed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2009.
- Storms, Sam. “Birth Control.” Enjoying God. June 12, 2006.
- VanDrunen, David. “Marriage, Procreation, and Contraception.” Pages 97–117 in Bioethics and the Christian Life: A Guide to Making Difficult Decisions. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2009.
- Wheat, Ed, and Gaye Wheat. Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage. 4th ed. Grand Rapids: Revell, 2010. See pp. 162–94.