I enjoyed reading this new book last week by my favorite United States Senator:
Ben Sasse. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis—and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance. New York: St. Martin’s, 2017.
It’s unusual for a U.S. Senator to write a book like this. It’s not politically partisan. It’s more like a philosophical and practical book on parenting.
Sasse convincingly argues that kids should read great books and work hard and that parents should strategically introduce their children to different world cultures so that they better understand their own.
To get a better idea of what his book is about, check out these resources:
1. Collin Hansen, TGC review
2. Albert Mohler, The Briefing interview
3. Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard interview
4. Matt Reynolds, Christianity Today interview
5. Matt Lewis, Daily Beast review
6. Jennifer Szalai, a snarky New York Times review that reveals more about the book reviewer than the book