Heath Lambert. Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2013. 176 pp. 23-page sample PDF.
It’s clear, direct, practical, and grace-giving.
I highly recommended this for men who are fighting lust or wallowing in it. I pray that God will use this book to help thousands of men be “finally free.”
The top three resources I know of on how to fight sexual sin are …
- Heath Lambert’s book
- John Piper’s chapter (see below)
- Joe Rigney’s MP3s (see below)
Be sure to read Piper’s chapter together with Lambert’s book. They have some different strengths that complement each other.
Other Resources on Sexual Purity
- Porn, Pride, and Praise: An Interview with Heath Lambert (22 Minutes)
- CBMW interview with Heath Lambert
- John Piper, “Faith in Future Grace vs. Lust,” in Future Grace (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 1995), 329–38.
- Joe Rigney: “Fighting the Good Fight: Gospel Strategies in the Fight Against Sexual Sin” (PDF Handout). 4 MP3s:
- Twelve Reasons to Give Up Porn
- The Stain That Stays
- Covenant Eyes
- Purity is always smart; impurity is always stupid
- Help for Fighting Lust: A Meditation Plan
- How Addiction Works
- Internet Pornography: The God of Truth and the Lies of Porn
Update: “Your Body Is a Temple” is a sermon on 1 Corinthians 6:19–20 that I preached to Bethlehem College & Seminary on 9/18/2015: