At the end of 2013, my colleague Joe Rigney skillfully answered that question in BCS chapel with reference to Christian liberty and love:
- John Piper on Alcohol Consumption
- The Conscience: What It Means and Five Reasons It Matters
- How to Disagree with Other Christians about Disputable Matters
- More Helpful Resources from Joe Rigney
- Update on 3/22/2014: Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary describes this as “unacceptable conduct”: “Any consumption of alcoholic beverages while enrolled as a student at Southeastern . . . any consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages on campus or in campus housing.” Danny Akin, Nathan Finn, and Mark Liederbach thoughtfully discussed this policy on 9/11/2013.