That’s the thesis of Randy Alcorn‘s The Purity Principle: God’s Safeguards for Life’s Dangerous Trails (Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2003).
I read through this little 94-page volume in one sitting this evening. It’s outstanding. Alcorn’s approach to the issue of purity is biblically informed, sobering, wise, refreshing, and motivating.
Related: Alcorn lists the following resources on his website:
- The Purity Principle Study Guide
- articles on sexual purity: page 1 | page 2
- Alcorn’s MP3s, PDFs, and PowerPoint presentation on sexual purity
- Guidelines for sexual purity (Alcorn originally prepared this for his daughters.)
- Links to resources for sexual purity
- Selected Scriptures related to sexual purity