I recently prepared a master Scripture index for the New Studies in Biblical Theology series edited by D. A. Carson. I combined the Scripture indexes into a single spreadsheet and placed an asterisk by each page number where there is a discussion rather than merely a reference or brief comment. This is an especially valuable resource for those who are working on individual texts and would like to consult substantive discussions in the NSBT series.
See the NSBT page hosted by The Gospel Coalition for the following:
- more information on how to use the master Scripture index (i.e., a massive Excel spreadsheet)
- Carson’s two-paragraph introduction to the NSBT series
- Carson’s introduction to each voulme in the NSBT series
Below are the volumes in the series thus far:
1. David Peterson, Possessed by God: A New Testament Theology of Sanctification and Holiness (1995).
2. Raymond C. Ortlund, God’s Unfaithful Wife: A Biblical Theology of Spiritual Adultery (1996).
3. Paul W. Barnett, Jesus and the Logic of History (1997).
4. Daniel J. Estes, Hear, My Son: Teaching and Learning in Proverbs 1-9 (1997).
5. Henri Blocher, Original Sin: Illuminating the Riddle (1997).
6. J. Gary Millar, Now Choose Life: Theology and Ethics in Deuteronomy (1998).
7. Craig L. Blomberg, Neither Poverty nor Riches: A Biblical Theology of Possessions (1999).
8. Murray J. Harris, Slave of Christ: A New Testament Metaphor for Total Devotion to Christ (1999).
9. Mark A. Seifrid, Christ, Our Righteousness: Paul’s Theology of Justification (2000).
10. Barry G. Webb, Five Festal Garments: Christian Reflections on the Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes and Esther (2000).
11. Andreas J. Köstenberger and Peter T. O’Brien, Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: A Biblical Theology of Mission (2001).
12. Robert Fyall, Now My Eyes Have Seen You: Images of Creation and Evil in the Book of Job (2002).
13. David W. Pao, Thanksgiving: An Investigation of a Pauline Theme (2002).
14. J. Daniel Hays, From Every People and Nation: A Biblical Theology of Race (2003).
15. Stephen G. Dempster, Dominion and Dynasty: A Biblical Theology of the Hebrew Bible (2003).
16. Peter Adam, Hearing God’s Words: Exploring Biblical Spirituality (2004).
17. G. K. Beale, The Temple and the Church’s Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God (2004).
18. Peter G. Bolt, The Cross from a Distance: Atonement in Mark’s Gospel (2004).
19. Craig L. Blomberg, Contagious Holiness: Jesus’ Meals with Sinners (2005).
20. Timothy Laniak, Shepherds After My Own Heart: Pastoral Traditions and Leadership in the Bible (2006).
21. Mark D. Thompson, A Clear and Present Word: The Clarity of Scripture (2006).
22. Trevor J. Burke, Adopted into God’s Family: Exploring a Pauline Metaphor (2006).
23. Paul R. Williamson, Sealed with an Oath: Covenant in God’s Unfolding Plan (2007).
24. Andreas J. Köstenberger and Scott R. Swain, Father, Son and Spirit: The Trinity and John’s Gospel (2008).
25. Graham A. Cole, God the Peacemaker: How Atonement Brings Shalom (2009).
26. Daniel C. Timmer, A Gracious and Compassionate God: Mission, Salvation and Spirituality in the Book of Jonah (2011).