Daniel L. Akin, Craig L. Blomberg, Paul Copan, Michael J. Kruger, Michael R. Licona, and Charles L. Quarles. “A Roundtable Discussion with Michael Licona on The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach.” Southeastern Theological Review 3 (2012): 71–98.
- Michael Licona published this book last year.
- Norman Geisler vocally criticized Licona’s view on inerrancy because Licona proposed interpreting Matt 27:52–53 as an apocalyptic genre rather than as recounting literal historical events.
- Albert Mohler also criticized Licona’s view on inerrancy.
- Licona resigned his two SBC positions (North American Mission Board and Southern Evangelical Seminary).
- CT reported on the controversy.
- Michael Patton defended Licona.
This round-table discussion exemplifies how to directly address controversy in an edifying way.