Rob has prepared two short, lay-friendly booklets (under 100 pages) that derive from his 40 Questions book:
1. The Story of Scripture: How We Got Our Bible and Why We Can Trust It. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2013.
- Introduction 7
- 1. The Nature and Purpose of the Bible 9
- 2. The Organization of the Bible 19
- 3. The Authorship of the Bible 29
- 4. The Authority and Accuracy of the Bible 37
- 5. The Textual History of the Bible 51
- 6. The Canon of the Bible 63
- 7. Modern Translations of the Bible 79
2. Understanding the Bible: A Guide to Reading Scripture with Clarity and Enjoyment. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2013.
- Introduction 11
- 1. The Importance of Biblical Interpretation 17
- 2. General Principles for Interpreting the Bible 23
- 3. Improving as an Interpreter of the Bible 31
- 4. Helpful Books and Tools for Interpreting the Bible 37
- 5. Determining the Meaning of a Biblical Text 47
- 6. The Role of the Holy Spirit in Interpreting the Bible 57
- 7. The Overarching Message of the Bible 69
Rob is a clear and evenhanded guide to foundational and complex interpretational issues.