That’s the title of a talk I gave this morning at Emmanuel Bible Church:
I attempt to answer two questions:
- Does the Son submit to the Father eternally?
- How does the Son’s submitting to the Father eternally apply to the roles of husbands and wives?
- Ware, Bruce A. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, and Relevance. Wheaton: Crossway, 2005. See esp. pp. 46–51, 72–85, 98–99, 137–47.
- Grudem, Wayne. Evangelical Feminism and Biblical Truth: An Analysis of More Than One Hundred Disputed Questions. Sisters, OR: Multnomah, 2004. See esp. pp. 25–48, 201–11, 552–99. Available online as a free PDF.
- Cowan, Steven B. “The Metaphysics of Subordination: A Response to Rebecca Merrill Groothuis.” Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood 14, no. 1 (2009): 43–53.
Related: Trinity Debate