Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary recently released the seventeenth volume of their journal, and one of the articles is available as a PDF:
William W. Combs, “The History of the NIV Translation Controversy,” Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal 17 (2012): 3–34.
- Translation History of the NIV
- Reception of the NIV
- Continued Controversy over Translation Philosophy
- The Gender-Inclusive Language Controversy
- Today’s New International Version
- New International Version 2011
It’s an informative survey.
Update on 3/31/2017: In my latest attempt to explain how to interpret and apply the Bible, I include a chapter on Bible translation (pp. 50–81).