Douglas S. Huffman. The Handy Guide to New Testament Greek: Grammar, Syntax, and Diagramming. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2012. 112 pp.
This 13-page PDF excerpt includes the table of contents.
Part 3 (pp. 83-106) is by far the most helpful section of the book.
Outline of part 3:
- Diagramming: A Brief Introduction
- Technical Diagramming
- Phrase Diagramming
- Semantic Diagramming
- The Basics of Phrase Diagramming
- Step-by-Step Phrase Diagramming
- Establish the Limits of the Paragraph
- Divide the Sentences into Their Natural Phrases
- Identify the Main Clauses of the Paragraph
- Indent the Subordinate Phrases and Clauses
- Draw Arrows from Each Subordinate Phrase
- Add Semantic Labels
- Mimic the Greek Diagram with the English Text
- Craft a Sermon/Lesson Outline from the Diagram
- Special & Problem Issues
- Word Wrap-Around
- Embedded Phrases
- Parallelism and Chiasm
- Didactic vs. Narrative Passages