I previously linked to some of these MP3s hosted on other sites, but after a few years, many of the URLs no longer work. So I uploaded 26 MP3s and link to them here.
He preached a six-part series entitled “Enjoying God”:
- Part 1: Share Your Master’s Happiness (Matt 25:14-30) | MP3 | 43:01 min. | July 19, 2009
- Part 2: Rejoice to Suffer for the Name (Acts 5:41) | MP3 | 51:57 min. | July 20, 2009
- Part 3: He Loved Me and Gave Himself for Me (Gal 2:11-21) | MP3 | 56:33 min. | July 21, 2009
- Part 4: Rejoice in the Lord Always (Phil 4:4-20) | MP3 | 1:01:47 min. | July 22, 2009
- Part 5: Joy in the Triumph of Grace in Others (3 John) | MP3 | 1:03:33 min. | July 23, 2009
- Part 6: The Unqualified Joy of the God-Centered New Heaven and New Earth (Rev 21:1-22:5) | MP3 | 58:20 min. | July 24, 2009
And he gave a seminar:
- Proclaiming the Gospel and Performing Deeds of Mercy | MP3 | 59:14 min. | July 24, 2009
Cf. my summary of a similar lecture: “Carson on the Gospel and Social Action.”
That’s the title of a 40-minute sermon I preached on Matthew 8:23-9:8 yesterday morning at my church.
Here’s the outline:
- Jesus has authority over nature (Matthew 8:23–27).
- Jesus has authority over demons (Matthew 8:28–34).
- Jesus has authority over sin and sickness (Matthew 9:1–8).
The text suggests at least five responses:
- Stand in awe of Jesus.
- Cling to Jesus.
- Fear Jesus.
- Trust Jesus.
- Glorify Jesus.
Last week I uploaded some new MP3s to the D. A. Carson archive:
Audio from the ten plenary sessions at The Gospel Coalition’s 2009 National Conference is available here.
I benefited most from these five sessions:
- Session 1: Tim Keller: “The Grand Demythologizer: The Gospel and Idolatry” (Acts 19:21-41) [See notes.]
- Session 2: John Piper, “Feed the Flame of God’s Gift: Unashamed Courage in the Gospel” (2 Timothy 1:1-12) [See Piper’s manuscript.]
- Session 8: Panel Discussion: Tim Keller, John Piper, Ligon Duncan and Crawford Loritts (chair: Stephen Um)
- Session 9: Ligon Duncan, “Finishing Well” (2 Timothy 4:6-22)
- Session 10: Don Carson, “That By All Means I Might Win Some’: Faithfulness and Flexibility in Gospel Proclamation” (1 Corinthians 9:19-23)
Video for all the plenary sessions and audio from the workshops are coming soon. (TGC’s website has shut down at least twice in two days because it has exceeded its bandwidth limit.)