Chris Anderson, ed. Gospel Meditations for Missions: Thirty-One Daily Readings to Help You Be Gospel-Saturated All Day, Every Day. Madison, OH: Church Works, 2011.
You can read the introduction and two meditations in this PDF sample.
I love the authors. They’re faithful servants:
- Chris Anderson is the founding pastor of Tri-County Bible Church in Madison, Ohio. He is the founder of churchworksmedia.com, where he has published hymns (including “His Robes for Mine” and “For the Sake of His Name”) and the Gospel Meditations series of devotionals.
- J. D. Crowley has lived in Asian cultures all his life. After 12 years of pastoring in Hawaii, he went to Cambodia in 1994 to do linguistic and mission work among the indigenous minorities there. He is the author of The Tampuan/Khmer/English Dictionary and Khmer commentaries on Matthew and Romans.
- David Hosaflook went to Albania in 1992 on a short-term mission trip. Almost two decades later, he’s still there, helping to evangelize people and plant churches in the wake of what was the most oppressive communist regime in eastern Europe. He loves Albanian history and will soon publish The Siege of Shkodra, a work on the Ottoman/Christian struggle in Albania.
- Tim Keesee is the director of Frontline Missions International, an organization committed to advancing the Gospel in the world’s difficult places by developing sustainable platforms for work and witness. He is the executive producer of the missions documentary series Dispatches from the Front. He has authored numerous books and articles on history, politics, and missions.
- Joe Tyrpak is the assistant pastor at Tri-County Bible Church. He is a gifted artist (responsible for this book’s design) and an insightful teacher. He has composed several metrical psalms and co-authored the Gospel Meditations series, all available from churchworksmedia.com.
Here’s an excerpt from one of David Hosaflook’s meditations (day 31): [Read more…] about Gospel Meditations for Missions