Sam Storms has a sequel to his first Tough Topics book:
Sam Storms. Tough Topics 2: Biblical Answers to 25 Challenging Questions. Fearn, Scotland: Christian Focus, 2015.
Each controversial question Sam Storms poses could be the subject of an entire book, but he manages to give thoughtful brief answers that aren’t superficial. As a model pastor-theologian, he answers with clarity, wisdom, and grace.
These are the 25 questions:
- If God is Triune, do Christians believe in three Gods?
- Can God create a rock so big that he can’t pick it up?
- Is God guilty of genocide?
- How did Jesus perform his miracles?
- Did Jesus descend into hell?
- Can a Christian commit the sin unto death?
- Is suicide the unpardonable sin?
- Are all world religions pathways to the same God?
- Do atheists actually believe in God after all?
- Can all Christians pray for God to save the lost?
- Is water baptism necessary for salvation?
- Does hell last forever?
- Will the horror of hell spoil the happiness of heaven?
- Did Joshua really make the sun stand still?
- Does Paul restrict the office of elder and senior pastor to men?
- What did Jesus teach about divorce and remarriage?
- What did Paul teach about divorce and remarriage?
- Can a divorced man serve as an elder in the local church?
- Is it ever OK for a Christian to swear an oath (or to lie)?
- Does the Bible endorse capital punishment?
- Does prayer really change things?
- Is the man in Romans 7 a Christian or non-Christian?
- What does it mean to forgive someone as God has forgiven me?
- What did Jesus mean when he said ‘turn the other cheek and love your enemies’?
- What is the meaning of 666?