This week my wife and I listened to the audio book of Randy Alcorn‘s novel Safely Home (Tyndale House, 2001). We finished the six audio CDs last night after our church’s cross-centered Good Friday service. The novel is excellent, and it was a means of grace for both of us. It helped broaden our horizons on multiple levels (e.g., re persecution of Christians in China in particular and a heavenly perspective on persecution in general). Highly recommended.
It’s available in the following formats: paperback, hardcover, Kindle, audio download, and audio CD.
- introduction to the novel
- excerpt: chapter 1
- discussion questions
- a biographical note from Randy (including this: “100% of royalties from Safely Home will go to help persecuted Christians and to spread the gospel in their countries.”)
- articles on China (including this: “Is there still persecution of Christians in China today?“)
- articles on the persecuted church
- readers’ responses
- a 43-second clip of Randy talking about the book: