This blog is now much better organized:
- I used to label a blog post with one or more of some 200 categories (e.g., “D. A. Carson,” “Calvinism,” “preaching”).
- But now I label a post with just one of six categories:
- Exegesis. What did authors intend their texts to mean? This includes hermeneutics. (Hermeneutics concerns principles of interpretation, and exegesis applies those principles.)
- Biblical Theology. How has God revealed his word historically and organically?
- Historical Theology. What have people thought about exegesis and theology?
- Systematic Theology. What does the whole Bible teach about certain topics? What is true about God and his universe?
- Practical Theology. How should humans respond to God’s revelation? This includes, for example, culture, ethics, evangelism, marriage and family, money, pastoral theology, politics, and worship.
- Other. This covers what doesn’t fit in the above categories.
My blog is called “Thoughts on Theology,” so those seem like the right categories. Continue Reading…