In October 2011 I reviewed this book for the forthcoming edition of JBMW, and the CBMW Blog has posted the review. [Update on 12/4/2012: The review is now available as a PDF.]
I could apply many adjectives to the book:
But perhaps best of all (because of those traits), it’s edifying.
It has inspired me to glorify God by loving and leading my wife like Ephesians 5:21-33 commands.
Related: I blogged on this book three times in October:
- You Take Me the Way I Am
- Some Practical Counsel for Marriage Seekers
- “My wife has lived with at least five different men since we were wed—and each of the five has been me.”
Money quote from Keller in an interview:
In the long run, the more superficial things that made a person sexually attractive will move to the background, and matters of character, humility, grace, courage, faithfulness, and love will come to the foreground. So companionship, duty, and mutual sacrifice are, in the end, the sexiest things of all.
And here are three videos:
1. An interview with Tim and Kathy Keller:
2. Tim Keller presents the book to Google employees:
3. Tim and Kathy Keller present the book at The Gospel Coalition’s 2012 National Women’s Conference: