Robert D. Bell, The Theological Messages of the Old Testament Books (Greenville, SC: Bob Jones University Press, 2010), 204–18 (formatting added):
- 1. Man is a sinner.
- 2. It is possible for a human to serve God piously with unselfish singlemindedness.
- 3. Satan investigates the men of the earth.
- 4. Satan accuses the saints before God.
- 5. Satan is as cruel as possible to the saints.
- 6. Satan can work his evil only as God allows him.
- 7. God notices and values the righteousness of the saints.
- 8. God is good and therefore just.
- 9. God is the powerful sovereign Creator.
- 10. God is wise beyond man’s comprehension.
- 11. God has revealed Himself to mankind.
- 12. The truth about God is not always evident from outward circumstances.